Monday, August 25, 2014

Surprise!

Ladies and gents, I promise I didn't fall off the face of the earth. The last few months have been super crazy, and I just could not find the time to update the ol' blog.
But things have died down, and I'm back!

Now I know you're all just dying to know what has kept me so busy this summer, so I'm going to tell you, in list form! So without further ado, I give you:

The Crazy Summer of Craziness, or How Our Lives Changed in 2014

1. In the beginning of June, I started working in a salon full time. I missed the salon experience, and Brandon and I were able to make the scheduling aspect of it work. I found an awesome little shop in Claremore, called The Village. If you are in the area and need a stylist, go see Chrissy and Amy! They rock!

2. Brandon got accepted to a Masters in Biomedical Sciences degree at Midwestern University! Basically, it's a year long program that will give him a head start for medical school! Super exciting!
Which leads me to #3 on our list.

3. We moved to Arizona! Midwestern University is located in the Phoenix area, so we are now living life in the desert!
And we are loving it! I am in love with the town, our neighborhood, and our cute little house! I don't even mind the heat! 

4. Portia started kindergarten! 2 days after we moved in, Portia started school. She had a bit of a hard time at first, but is starting to get into the swing of things! She loves her teacher and has made a few friends in her class, and is learning a lot! 


So there you have it! Now that we are all moved in (mostly) and adjusting to our new routine, I will hopefully have the time to blog more. Until then, here's a picture of our cute front door!


No comments:

Post a Comment