Friday, July 10, 2009

more like "city of crap"

Tonight I watched the movie "City of Angels" for the first time. If you've never seen it, and want to, don't read this.
So Nicholas Cage is a guardian angel, and he falls in love with Meg Ryan, a surgeon. He finds out how to show himself to her and communicate with her, but he can't feel her when they touch and he can't be in a real relationship with her. Because their lives are so different, she tells him that she can't see him anymore. She has to move on with her life without him. So he opts to throw away his angelic life and duties, and become mortal. They finally get together, and one day later, Meg Ryan gets hit by a bus and dies. The End.
Really? She dies? Could this movie have ended any worse? They couldn't have just lived happily ever after like any other romantic drama? I was thoroughly disappointed. If you want a tearjerking romantic movie, pick The Notebook.

2 comments:

  1. I only watched the last ten minutes and could easily deduce the previous one and half hours of craptacularity. Just awful.

    By the way I do a decent Nicholas cage impression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I concur. I hated that movie- and my mom just reminded that Nicolas Cage always looked and acted like he was on drugs or something. What is up with that??
    Love your pics of your cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete