Friday, October 2, 2009

General Conference

General Conference is this weekend, and I am beginning to get excited! I love listening to the messages from our priesthood leaders, and feeling the unique spirit that comes from their words. I love joining with family to learn and grow together, not to mention playing conference bingo! But my favorite part of General Conference is by far the music. Music is such a huge part of my life; the choirs stun me.
When I went to BYU, I had the opportuninty to attend conference once. I was thrilled to listen to the prophet speak in person, but listenening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing "Come Thou Fount," with the perfect accoustics of the conference center, took my breath away. The Spirit was so strong, I felt my heart singing along with the choir.
I can't wait for this weekend, to hear our beloved prophet's voice, and the hear the many voices joined together in hymns of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment