Friday, May 7, 2010

sand

Today, I found a new appreciation for sand. Don't clean your glasses, you read me right. You know, grainy, rough, gets in your swimsuit and you just cant seem to get it all out. Sand. Glorious stuff.
We took Portia to the park this afternoon, where she spent about an hour playing in (you guessed it) the sand. She was mesmerized by it. She would dig her pudgy hands in and grab a handful just to watch it fall between her little fingers. She threw it, tasted it (and subsequently tried to get me to taste it; it must be delish), buried her toes and legs over and over. And I began to look at it, I mean really look at it. I was sitting on an enormous pile if minuscule stones, tiny bits of glass, and even a few small shell fragments, and yet it was warm and relaxing. And I could see why Portia was having so much fun!
I love rediscovering the world through her eyes.

1 comment: