Tuesday, October 12, 2010

happy book

My little sister, Carrie, has some pretty good ideas. She has decided to start what is called a "happy book."
She used this quote to explain. Its from Pres. Monson's talk on Sunday morning in General Conference. He said:

"We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."

Carrie decided to take Pres. Monson's words into action, and start her happy book. I'm going to steal her idea (sorry Bear) and start one too! I'm going to write in a journal every day, listing the things that I am grateful for!
I am very excited for this project! I think it will help me to not take the wonderful things in my life for granted! I have so many blessings that I don't always thank my Heavenly Father for, and a Happy Book will help me to be better at that!

1 comment: