Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've always had a sweet-tooth

Those who have known me for a long time know that I love candy. And cake. Also cookies, brownies, ice cream, etc. Basically, I love sugar.
When I was a kid, I ate any type of sugar I could get my hands on. And as much as possible. I would convince my friends at school to let me have an oreo from their lunch, I'd save my change and raid the vending machines, I'd even sneak my Halloween candy to bed with me and eat it at night (now you know why it was so hard to get Carrie and I to go to sleep, mom).
Now, I normally eat sugar like any normal human being: have a slice of pie for dessert, grab a candy bar from the checkout line every once in a while, make some choco-chip cookies when the missionaries come over for dinner.
But 6 months ago, I began growing a human, and all that changed. I have turned back into my 9-year old self.
I crave candy daily. And not just any candy. I want kid-candy. Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish and Orange Slices and Twizzlers used as a straw in pop. Just last night I almost bought an entire 1 lb. bag of Ring Pops. Who needs that many Ring Pops? Maybe if I were jamming to TLC at the 5th grade skating party!
As I'm typing this, I'm eating Jolly Ranchers and Root Beer. (Don'y worry, I ate some corn on the cob and a sandwich first, I'm not totally crazy.) And I'm about to go get one of the chocolate cupcakes I made last night.
Hopefully this ends before my teeth fall out of my head.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You're building a baby! Sugar and spice? I craved lemons, so I got a lemonhead! Loves sour everything! Wouldn't it be nice if just once we craved broccoli, just to make the veggie thing as a kid easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your kiddo will be EXTRA sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete