Wednesday, August 3, 2011

pregnancy dreams

Last night I had a pretty crazy dream. I dreamed that I went in to my doctor's appointment, and was showing signs of labor already (I still have 2 months left)! My doc put me on complete bed-rest, which totally freaked me out because Brandon was about to go on tour. That's right, on tour.
You see, Brandon was famous. I mean, really famous. People stopped him in the street for autographs, we were trailed by paparazzi, and the tour had been sold out for months. I started to panic. How on earth was I going to raise a 2 year-old on complete bed-rest when my husband was off traveling the country to appease his screaming fans? Really. There were screaming fans. Lots of them.
Why, you ask? Was Brandon a musician? A comedian? What was he doing that made people pay big bucks to see him? Well, let me tell you. He was the voice of Kipper on the kid's show Kipper the Dog.
My panic started to subside as I started to really think about what was going on around me. Things weren't quite adding up. First of all, doing the voice of Kipper made him that famous? Really? A toddler cartoon? ooooook. Secondly, Brandon's British accent is terrible. How did he pull that one off? And then I realized that we weren't monetarily well-off in this dream. I guess being the voice behind a world-famous talking dog gets you thousands of crazed fans, but no money. Clearly, fame isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment