Friday, December 14, 2012

hug your babies tighter today

Some of the scariest things to me about being a mother are the things I can't control. Like illness, accident, and disease. But the scariest thing to me is the rest of the world. The world is a scary place.
Today, there was a school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. A man went into an elementary school and shot and killed 27 people, including 18 children. My heart is breaking. I can't fathom how the families affected must be feeling.
It terrifies me that my daughters could be put in situations like this one someday. We have recently started trying to teach Portia about stranger danger, and what to do to stay safe. But what if that isn't enough? My biggest fear in the world is that my children will be lost of hurt or afraid and I won't be there to help them.
I hope and pray that the families affected by this tragedy feel the love of the Lord, and are able to move on with their lives. And I pray that my family will be safe from the scary things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment