Tuesday, March 30, 2010

designing women

I was thinking of some old movies tonight, and I decided that I am deeply saddened that we don't dress like women did in the 1940s. Think of Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, all of these women oozed sophistication and class. (If you don't know who they are, you have some serious googling to do, my friend.) They were sexy not because they showed alot of skin, but because they carried themselves with confidence and had some self-respect. I think I'm going to emulate these great Hollywood actresses.
If you see me and think, "My, how she reminds me of Lauren Bacall!" now you know why.

3 comments:

  1. i think the same thing. and i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I was googling dresses from the thirties and forties yesterday while listening to Nat King Cole and Louis Armstrong. Maybe I was dancing a little too... Love that we're on the same page with this. Let's spend hundreds of dollars and convert our wardrobes entirely.

    ReplyDelete