Thursday, March 11, 2010

my little fizgig


Portia is a funny kid. She has become fully mobile now and prides herself in her crawling skills. But, as you may imagine, she gets herself into some trouble, at least more than she used to.
This afternoon, I hopped in the shower (yes, I do this often). I left Portia in the living room, surrounded by toys and Baby Einstein, and Brandon was just in the other room studying, but I left the bathroom door open so I could hear her just in case. After a few minutes, I heard her come into the bathroom. Her bath toys were in there and she started playing with them, so I continued my shower. But pretty soon, she stopped making any noise, so I stuck my head out to see what she was up to. She looked fine, just sitting on the rug, holding a rubber duckie. Then she smiled.
Remember on TV, when someone puts too much soap in the washing machine and the bubbles ooze out everywhere? Now imagine that same situation, but in my daughter's mouth. She had found a tiny piece of broken soap on the floor somewhere and was sucking on it. I yelled to Brandon and he got her good and rinsed.
So what happens if when she's older, she says a bad word sometime? I can't wash her mouth out with soap, she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment