Wednesday, July 20, 2011

British invasion

I really love the Beatles. I mean really love them. Not like those people who say they love the Beatles because everyone loves the Beatles, but when you ask what their favorite song is, they say "Hey Jude" out of default because it's the only song they've ever really heard. No. (I really hate those people)
I think I started listening to the Fab Four at birth. I remember playing in the backyard as a very young gal, maybe 5 or 6, and making up a game with my barbies inspired by the song Yesterday. I remember watching Beatles Anthology on tv when it first aired in 1995. I was 9. Seriously, folks, I'm a super-fan.
My Carrie-sister posted this about her love for the Beatles, and I am definitely more of a fan of later Beatles music than earlier. Don't get me wrong, I love their earlier stuff, but there is just something about the deeper, slightly-trippy (sometimes more than slightly), melodies of the later years that really speak to me.


Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I think we have discussed this. I remembered that you loved the latter better. but maybe i just knew because whenever we listened to the Beatles 1 cd, you wanted to skip to the later half and I wanted to listen to the first half. also, that song = AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. we probably did discuss it, but my tummy-baby deleted it from my brain. She's been doing that lately.

    ReplyDelete