Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ouch.

My innate klutziness reared it's ugly head earlier tonight. Wanna hear about it?
I knew you would.
Margot had just fallen asleep in my arms and I was on my way to take her to her crib. Our room was dark and I couldn't see, and I tripped over a laundry basket Portia dumped over earlier, and fell. Luckily, I caught myself without falling on Margot, who, of course, woke up and was wailing, but unharmed. I can't say the same for me.
I had to twist myself a bit to not land on Margot, and I landed completely on my elbows, popping my shoulder out of socket in the process. I also got some pretty gnarly carpet burns on my elbows. I was really nervous at first that Margot was hurt, so I panicked and snapped my arms up, popping my shoulder back into socket, which hurt just as much as popping it out.
My shoulder is really sore, so I'm icing it, which I hate doing, because I'm a huge wimp. Why does ice have to be so cold?
Dangit.

No comments:

Post a Comment