Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Is this a DIY blog now?

Negatory, good buddy. I've just been really crafty lately.
It will pass.
But until it does:

A few days ago, I stumbled across a video about how to make your own lipstick using crayons. Check it out:



Surely, this is too good to be true, right?
I had to try it.

I had no coconut oil, but I read a review saying that olive oil works too, so I tried it.


I dug though the millions of crayons in my house, and found some that I thought would make good lip colors.
I eventually settled on "Tickle-me-pink."

I broke it up into sections, about an inch and a half long, and gathered my other supplies. 
Yes, that's a contact case. Who has empty makeup containers laying around? I certainly don't.

I put my crayon pieces and some olive oil in a small glass bowl, and put that bowl in a pot of warming water.
I warmed the concoction up until the crayons were melted and mixed with the oil, then poured it into my contact case.

I was initially really excited, because it looked like a gorgeous pink!

I waited until it dried completely, and tried it on.

Guys, I was a bit disappointed.
It went on smooth, and didn't smell or taste like crayons, but it wasn't very vibrant at all. In order for the color to really show up, I had to glob it on. 
It was like tinted lip balm. Which is fine, just not what I was looking for.

So I figured that it would be perfect for my girlies. I made a few more batches, purple this time, and let them go to town!


They were in heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment