Thursday, April 10, 2014

5 People I Love

Today's Write Yourself Happy prompt is:

List 5 people you completely admire and role model. Tell us why you love them so and what attributes are so admirable.

Here you go! In no particular order, here are 5 people I love:


1. My sister, Carrie.
She is brave and hard-working, beautiful and kind, and more hilarious than anyone else I know. The wonderful thing about Carrie is that I know that no matter what, she will be there for me. I don't know where I'd be with out her.
I loce you, Larry!


2. Brandon, my amazing husband.
He makes me so happy, and I can't imagine life without him. He tells me I'm beautiful every day, even when I'm still in pjs and my hair's not brushed. He gave me two beautiful daughters, and is the best daddy to them I could imagine. He is funny and good and smart and handsome, and I love him with all my heart.


3. Ron Weasley. (C'mon, like I'm going to make a list of influential people without someone from Harry Potter on it.)
Here's the dealio: I love Ron. A lot of people take him at face value - a funny guy. And he is funny, but he's so much more as well. He is the first friend Harry ever had, and from the very beginning, he is willing to put his own wishes and desires on the back burner. Think about it. In the first book, when Ron looks in the Mirror or Erised, all he sees is himself getting a little recognition. All he wants in life is to not be in someone's shadow. And yet, for 99% of the series, he hops right into Harry's shadow, simply because he knows Harry needs him.


4. My friend, Hannah.
She is one of the strongest women I know. She is graceful and intelligent, and a spectacular friend. One of my favorite memories of Hannah is also one of my earliest. She came over to my house when I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant with Margot, and just sat and talked with me for hours. I always have fun when we get together.


5. My old roommate, Ashlee.
I have been thinking of her a lot recently, as she just got married! I don't think she knows how much of an influence she had on me 9 years ago when we lived together. When I think back to my college years, every happy memory has Ashlee in it. She was always kind to me, even when I was really hard to live with. If I can be half the friend to someone that Ashlee was to me, than I have succeeded.



Write Yourself Happy



3 comments:

  1. You are a lucky lady Kathleen and I absolutely love your Ron Weasley reference. I always kind of had a crush on him, but I am partial to gingers….Thanks for linking up my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list and descriptions just make me smile! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included pictures of everyone and have Ron up on here!!

    ReplyDelete