Thursday, April 17, 2014

Quotes to Live By

Today's Write Yourself Happy prompt is: 

Write down five positive affirmations, quotes, or bible verses you want to incorporate more in your daily life.

Several quotes came to mind right away.


1. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (movie)
I love this quote, even though it's not technically in the book. It's another reminder that happiness is a choice, one that is made every day.


2. "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book)
I love the reminder that what we say to others and ourselves can leave either lasting damage or heal unseen wounds.


3. "I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls." -Audrey Hepburn
I agree completely! When we love ourselves, when we choose happiness, we are beautiful.


4."Most people are [real nice]... when you finally see them." -Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird
Everyone has good in them. Every person is a child of God, and when we try, it is easy to see.


5.

Oh, Mr. Feeny, you wise man! I think I wept when I first saw this episode all those years ago. This is what he was trying to teach Cory the entire series: Believe in yourself. Dream. Try. Do good. What words to live by!




Write Yourself Happy

1 comment:

  1. Happy girls ARE the prettiest! That is a good one to keep on hand! Thank you so much for linking up this week! I found myself saying "Don't stand on that, you'll break it!" 3 different times this week and laughed thinking of your blog. Genius…Have a great weekend, Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete