Thursday, September 25, 2014

Color me crafty!

Once upon a time, Brandon and I drove to Virginia for a med school interview. While there, I found myself strolling through the mall to kill time, and a miracle occurred. I found the most comfortable, best fitting pants of my life. They were on sale for $2; I nearly passed out. Obviously, I bought them.
After bring these beautiful pants into my life, I thought I would wear them every day. But, I soon realized that wouldn't be happening. You see, these pants were white. Very, very white.

 

It seemed that every time I wore them, I would spill ketchup, or sit in mud, or my kiddos would smear some unknown substance down the leg. I would stare at these pants in my closet with equal parts longing, and fear.
Until I was watching Project Runway one night, and got the idea to dye them! 

 I got Tulip brand fabric dye, because that's what the Walmart near me carries, for about $2 each.


I was going for a plum/wine color, so I got one red and one purple, and followed the instructions on the package, mixing about 3/4 purple to 1/4 red.


Thank goodness for stainless steel sinks!


And the finished result! Now, I live in these pants!
The color is very even, and vibrant even after washing the pants a few times! 

I love happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment