Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hot Dr Pepper

By now, you should all be aware of my passionate love affair with Dr Pepper. I drink it daily, and love pretty much every flavor! It's caffeinated yumminess is my go-to beverage.

Well, Brandon recently came across a vintage ad for hot Dr Pepper.


Intriguing, right? Who knew that this used to be a thing?
Apparently, you just heat a can of Dr Pepper in a saucepan over the stove, add a thin slice of lemon, and curl up with a steamy mug next to a crackling fire.
Naturally, being the DP addict that I am, I had to try it out.


I was pleasantly surprised! It had the consistency of a smooth herbal tea, and tasted quite yummy! I found out that the key is a really thin lemon slice, as it can be quite overpowering.

Side note: When I was pregnant with Margot, I drove to Sonic everyday for a large Dr Pepper with lemon. Everyone thought I was nuts. After having her, I tried it again and was disgusted. Pregnancy cravings, man.
This tastes nothing like that weird, hormone-induced concoction. For some reason, the lemon with heated DP is tasty!

 I probably won't be having this wintry treat again anytime soon, as it is still 3000 degrees here in AZ, but when (or if) it cools down, I foresee myself indulging often!

No comments:

Post a Comment