Sunday, October 19, 2014

It's all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!

It's no secret that I love Halloween; it's one if my favorite holidays! I love candy, dressing up in ridiculous costumes, and everything macabre! 
One of my favorite things to do around this time of year is to snuggle up on the couch and watch creepy movies.  While these movies are not necessarily halloween-themed, they'll definitely get you in the spooky mood.


1. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Is it Christmas? Is is Halloween? I don't know, but it's certainly creepy! My kids are simultaneously terrified of and in love with this movie. 


2. The Dark Crystal
It's Jim Henson at his finest, folks. Large, intricate puppets, fantastical storyline, and some of the straight-up scariest dudes ever, the Skeksis. The disrobing of Camberlain seriously affected me as a kid.


3.  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
This is probably the most Halloween-y of the Harry Potter films. The Hogwarts choir singing a Macbeth inspired song gets me every time! Awesome!


4. Labrynth
David Bowie has never been dreamier, in my opinion. 


5. Hocus Pocus
What Halloween movie list would be complete without Hocus Pocus? This is obviously the best of the bunch, with star actors, hilarious one-liners, and the creepiest zombie ever. Seriously, Billy Butcherson gave me nightmares for at least 3 years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment