Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"mom, there's bugs in my hair"


The other day, I was doing this lady's hair who had brought her 3 daughters in also. About halfway through her blow-dry, some one came over and said, "Ma'am, is that your daughter over there in the green shirt?" It was. "Well, we can't do her hair; she has lice."
SICK.
Here's the thing, I know this happens. You don't have to be a dirty person to get lice. I remember my elementary school had several lice epidemics. But if you or your child happen to get lice (heaven forbid) don't even bother bringing them into a salon. There isn't a stylist in the world who would run the risk of getting those pesky critters all over their equipment, station, clothes, and themselves, just to give you a trim. We're just a school, and we make people leave, even halfway through a service, if we find lice.
Its suicide.
You better believe I sprayed down everything I own with heavy-duty disinfectant spray that day. Hospital strength, man.

3 comments:

  1. Poor baby, poor mommy too. So embarasing!! Did you get your phone yet?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lice in kindergarten. We still had nap time back in those good old days. The girl who's blanket shared a cubby with mine had it first. Lovely. I passed it on to Elizabeth before my mom discovered it. Don't worry, she didn't take us to a salon. It was a bummer when all of our ribbons and such had to get disinfected and we weren't allowed to wear them for some time.

    ReplyDelete