Friday, March 30, 2012

ice it.


I used to be a runner.
In high school, I was on the track and cross country teams; I ran every day for 4 years. 
I was mainly a sprinter and hurdler, but I could run longer distances as well.
Check it:

This was taken during the 300 meter hurdles in Owasso. I stutter stepped about 2 seconds later.

 I got into a bit of trouble for this. My couch came out of the restaurant and started to resemble a vulture at me. Jeez, he was nuts!

After high school, I didn't really run. I found it hard to motivate myself without the team aspect, and to be honest, I was a bit burned out.
Fast forward 7 years. Brandon's aunt and uncle are awesome runners, and they signed up for this:

Looks awesome huh? I thought so too. So, I'm going to do it! I'm really excited! 
Here's the deal. A 5K is 3.1 miles. 7 years ago, that was a piece of cake, but not now. Coming off of my 2nd pregnancy, I'm not in the best of shape anymore. The race is in June, so I have plenty of time to train.
The other night, I hopped on a treadmill and ran a mile without stopping. That's pretty good, for me. I'm going to keep at it, probably starting out at jogging 3 times a week, and we'll see how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Kathleen!!! Looks like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT TO DO IT WITH YOU. But you will kick my trash at the running part...

    ReplyDelete