Tuesday, March 27, 2012

what i do all day

Brandon sent me the link to an article this morning called "What a Stay-at-Home Mom Does All Day." It's pretty good.
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/this-is-what-a-stay-at-home-mom-does-all-day-2522745.html

The author basically describes one day of being an at-home mom to 2 young kids. Pretttttty much my life right here.
The one thing I didn't love about the article is the fact that she described how difficult, how stressful and exhausting being a stay-at-home mom can be, but she neglected to talk about how rewarding it is too.
I love my job. Yes, I say "job," because I work harder now than I ever have at any job I've ever held. I am tired all the time, I frequently have headaches from tantrum days and lack of sleep, and my needs are constantly on hold next to my children's. But every night, I thank the Lord for every minute of it.
My girls are my biggest reward. They are the sweetest blessing I have ever received, and I love being able to stay home with them every day. Yes, it's hard, and there are moments where I want to beat my face against the wall, but those moments are fleeting and are usually followed by sweet moments that I wouldn't trade for anything, not even 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment