Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

Today was Portia's first Sunday as a Sunbeam. For those of you who don't know, Sunbeams are the class of kids at our church who have just graduated from the Nursery program.
I was a little worried about her; she loved Nursery. I was concerned that she would look around, see no toys, and lose it. But she seemed to do just fine!
Just now, as I was making dinner in the kitchen, Portia came in holding a family picture. She looked at it for a moment and declared, "Heavenly Father knows me and my family." I asked her if that's what she learned in Sunbeams today, and she told me it was.
I am very impressed. She listened to what her teachers said, and took it with her! I am so grateful for this program!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot she wasn't here last week. She even gave the prayer without blinking an eye. She's a natural.

    ReplyDelete