Sunday, June 9, 2013

Country Living

I've never been much of a country girl. I grew up in the city.

I know what you're all thinking: Is there a city in Oklahoma?
The answer to your question is Yes. Yes there is. Several, in fact. I grew up in Broken Arrow, a suburb of Tulsa, which had a population of 100,000 people. Then, after getting married, we moved to Norman, a suburb of Oklahoma City, which has a population of 113,000.
See? Cities.

Anyway, I've always been a bit of a city girl. I'm used to driving 5 minutes or less to the grocery store, Chinese restaurant, and the movie theater. I'm not all that opposed to sitting in rush hour traffic. I find the sound of cars passing on a busy street oddly, soothing. (This may be from growing up next door right off of one of the busier streets in town.)
Actually, up to this point, I loved being a city girl. I loved going to a big high school, and not knowing everyone in town.



But recently, we've move to Claremore (population 18,000 in case you were wondering), to a country neighborhood. We don't have a Target nearby, I hear cows lulling me to sleep instead of cars, and there are bugs everywhere. But I love it!

Claremore is an awesome town! We are 15 minutes from Oologah Lake, there are 2 museums in town, and even a haunted manion. Whaaaat!

the Belevidere Mansion

But the best part of living here is our neighborhood. Everyone in the neighborhood are friends, there's always someone out working in the yard or walking their dog, and everyone stops to chat with each other. 
There's an acre lot for Portia and Margot to run and play, and boy have they ever! We got a swingset, a little trampoline, and a pool, and the girls are playing hard! They've never slept so hard in their lives! Two days this week, they slept in till 10. 
10!!


I'm quickly becoming a country girl.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even begin to describe how jealous I am!
    - I'm so not a city girl!

    ReplyDelete