Monday, June 24, 2013

Keep Calm and Become

I had the awesome opportunity to go to our church's girl's camp last week. You should know that I LOVE camp. I went every year that I could as a youth, and now I got to go as a leader! 
It was soooo fun! I was the cabin leader over a delightful group of 12 first-year girls. They were so cool. I laughed harder with them than I have in a while! We played games, did nails, and stayed up all night! 
The great thing about camp is that it's not only about identifying poison ivy and tying knots, but it's also about building testimonies of Christ. We spend a lot of time singing hymns, praying, reading scriptures, and learning with the help of the Spirit. It's wonderful to get away for a week, and focus on what's really important.
This year, the theme of camp was "Keep Calm and Become." We focused a lot on Believing, Becoming, and Being Converted. It was fabulous! We had incredible teachers who brought the Spirit into every moment of camp.
I can't wait for next year!

The lovely ladies of Cabin 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment