Sunday, November 10, 2013

I love being a hairstylist.


About 6  years ago, I decided to go to hair school. 

Brandon and I were engaged at the time, and I had gone to three years of college without picking a major...and without passing many classes. I felt stuck. I came to the realization that traditional college was just not for me. I knew that I wanted to get some sort of education, and that I wanted to be able to work while being a mom in the future. One day, Brandon mentioned that he thought I'd make a good hairstylist. And so I decided.

At first, I went to hair school because it was a fun career. I would get to choose my own hours, be in the know when it comes to fashion trends, and never have to pay for a haircut again! It wasn't until I started really working with clients, that I learned that there's so much more.

I get to help people feel good about themselves on a daily basis. There is a visible change in people when they leave a salon with a fabulous new do. They feel lighter, happier, like they can conquer the world, and it's so exciting to be a part of that change!

One of my favorite moments of my career was when I received a message from the husband of one of my clients. I had cut her hair a few days before, and was surprised when I heard from him. He told me that I had no idea how much I helped his wife, that she was on cloud nine for days after her haircuts from me. He thanked me for helping his busy wife feel as beautiful on the outside as she was on the inside. It brought tears to my eyes. 



This is why I love being a hairstylist. I get to help people feel happy. I get to help people love themselves, inside and out.
What more could you want?



No comments:

Post a Comment