Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Strength


Time for a Write Yourself Happy prompt!


In your life, how are you strong? What has your strength meant to you?



Ladies and gents, it should be no surprise to you that I am a firm believer in loving yourself. I think being happy is contingent upon loving yourself in every way you can. I think you should love your body, your mind, and your soul. I also believe that loving yourself is a choice. 

I used to hate me. I really did. I remember a day, years ago, when I stood in front of the mirror, and I saw no one looking back. I remember thinking that I was worthless. That I was not good enough. That I did not deserve to be happy.
I know we all have bad days, but this kind of thinking is not healthy, and is not true.

My family counseled me to seek professional help, and through that I learned how to rewire my brain. I learned that it's a conscious choice to love yourself. It's a day-to-day, constantly-working-on-it struggle. 
It has been about 7 or 8 years, and I no longer have to work hard to love me. It comes naturally now; I don't even have to try. 

That is the definition of my strength. 



How are you strong?


Write Yourself Happy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing so much of your vulnerability. THAT is strong. I am so happy you have learned to love yourself. That is my message to the world and I feel great when I see someone see their beauty. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete