Thursday, June 21, 2012

i'm tooting my own horn

Haha. I said toot.
Can you tell I spend my days with a 3 year old?

Anyways.

Guess what I just did! I just went to the high school track and ran 3.1 miles without stopping! That's a 5k folks!
The Color Run is this saturday, and I've been jogging a few times here and there, but not as much as I would have hoped. I was beginning to worry that I wouldn't be able to make it without stopping to walk a lot, which is a problem. You see, my Carrie-sister and I ran a lot in high school, and though we weren't very fast, we always finished and we never walked during a race. I told Carrie that I may be walking during this race, and felt really bad that I was going to ruin our record.
So I went to the track to see how far I could go. And I ran. And ran. Aaaand ran. And I did it! It hurt so bad, and it was pretty slow, but I did it.

I think I sometimes don't give myself enough credit.
I'm pretty awesome!

Toot.

No comments:

Post a Comment