Sunday, June 10, 2012

potty time

I know, I know, I've been terrible. It's been a crazy past couple of weeks. Blogging has been on the absolute bottom of my to-do list. But, I'm back!
If you aren't a fan of bathroom-related talk, stop reading here, because we've been potty training! Portia has been ready for a while now, but I haven't. I've been waiting until Margot was a little happier to play by herself. Now that she's crawling, she can entertain herself while I am in the bathroom for half the day with her sister.
We went to the store one morning and I let Portia pick out a bunch of treats and stickers. She got Cheetos, Skittles, Zebra-cakes, strawberry soda, and a sheet of zoo animal stickers. These are things she never gets. She was so excited! We got home and made it a party! If she went potty in the toilet, she got a sticker and a treat. She was thrilled. We gave her lots of juice and water to keep her hydrated, and took her to the bathroom every 15 minutes.
She stayed pretty dry the first day, only having a few small accidents where she didn't make it to the bathroom in time. I think she took to it so well because she has started potty training several times, but I chickened out before it got anywhere. Like I said, I wasn't ready. But this time has been different. Portia has been wearing panties for about 2 weeks now, and I can count on 2 hands the amount of accidents we've had.
I can't tell you how awesome it is to have only one kid in diapers! Portia is doing so well, and we are so proud of her! I can't believe how big she's getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment