Sunday, June 10, 2012

week in review

We have had a lot going on! I know you're dying to know everything, so I'll give you a rundown.

Ready? Here we go.


Portia had a birthday! She turned 3! Can you believe it? Me neither. (Fun fact: I started this blog just a few weeks after she was born.) 
She has 3 cousins with birthdays around the same time, so we have planned a joint birthday party with them later this month. But on her actual birthday, Grammy and Papa and Brittany (Brandon's parents and sister) came down for the day, and we had a princess party. She was so happy. 


As you can see, she got all things pink and girly! 


Since Brandon's parents would be out of town all week, Brittany hung out with us! We spent the week being lazy! It was awesome! We stayed in our PJs, watched movies, and ate a bunch of food.  
Brittany is going on a mission in July; Tucson AZ, Spanish speaking! Cool huh?




Last Thursday night, we headed up to Tulsa to drop Brittany back home, and visit OSU Tulsa's med school. They had an applicant's day and tour on Friday morning, and that's one of the schools Brandon is applying to. We woke up early that morning and headed to breakfast. We went to a little ma and pop restaurant in Claremore called Hugo's. I am a big fan. They bring you upwards of 10 strips of bacon with your plate. It's magical.
We headed over to OSU Tulsa for the morning, and were really impressed with the school! 

That afternoon, I met up with my sisters while Brandon headed back to his parents house to hang out for the weekend. My sisters and I drove down to OKC to see Fun. in concert! You know that's right! We got there a little early, so we got pretty close to the stage, but it was SO hot. . 


Fun. was amazing! We had a blast!



After the show, we found our car (eventually), and headed back to my apartment for the night. The next morning, we went  to the Temple together for the first time ever! It was great! 
We ate lunch, and headed to the outlet mall here in OKC. And we shopped. And I mean shopped. By the end of the day, Carrie and I were begging to go home.
The sisters went back to Tulsa, and Brandon and the girls came back home, and I am still trying to catch up on sleep.

What a week!

1 comment: