Tuesday, July 2, 2013

of lakes, burns, and eyebrows

My parents have a lake house now. It's awesome. They live out on Grand Lake, literally right on the water.

This is the view from the back porch. Amazing right?

We love it. We love tubing on the boat, we look cooking out on the back porch, we love relaxing in the hammock.

We've been going up to the lake house pretty regularly, almost every weekend. It's heavenly.
The only problem with this situation is the  perpetual sunburn I have. I slather the sunscreen on all weekend long, but I still get burned. And just as my last sunburn is starting to go away, it's the weekend again, and the cycle starts all over again. Curse you, fair-skinned Irish ancestors!!

Wanna hear something embarrassing? What am I saying, of course you do!
Today I reached up and scratched my eyebrow, and saw a flake. That's right, my eyebrows are peeling. My first though was "Oh my gosh, do I have eyebrow dandruff?!?" I panicked a bit.

Is that even a real thing? Eyebrow dandruff? I don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment