Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Musica

Remember when I did that May blogging challenge? Well, I ended it early, but said that I may just pull one of the prompts out whenever I feel like it. So here you go:

Day 29: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. 

Turn your volume up.

(In no particular order.)

Kandi by One eskimO
I first heard this sing as background music on an episode of Bones, i think. I fell in love with it. It's one of my favorite songs ever.
My girls love it as well, they think the video is a cartoon. 



Barcelona by Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballe
If this song doesn't give you goosebumps, you're not human. You all know my love for Freddie Mercury. The man was a genius. And Montserrat Caballe, one of the greatest opera singers ever, in a duet with Freddie? Glorious. They actually remained good friends until his death.
This video isn't the best quality, but it's a live performance of the song. That's right. This perfection is live.



Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan
I love this version of this song. It sounds so genuine when Bob sings it.
Don't worry, the video isn't broken; there is no picture, just sound.



Quiet by Rachel Yamagata
In my opinion, her best song. Everyone loves Be Your Love, but this one is so much better. I tend to gravitate towards sad songs, and this one is so heartbreaking.



Halls of Shambala by Three Dog Night
Oh yeah. Got to love me some Three Dog Night! This song takes me back to groovin' through town with Carrie in our 1986 Grand Marquis, the Oldies station turned all the way up. 
We were trendsetters.

No comments:

Post a Comment