Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 28

Faux-hawk

This is probably my favorite style so far.

I love edgy looks, but I rarely get to do them to myself (mom of two on the way to the grocery store does'nt really warrant looking like a rockstar).

Here's my inspiration for today's look:
Cool huh?

Now, this took quite a chunk of time, and isn't easy to explain, so I took pics!
Ready? Here we go!

I started with dirty hair (Don't ask me when the last time I washed it was, I won't embarrass myself by answering) so that the curl would stay better.


1. I curled my hair with an inch wide iron and sprayed like crazy.


2. I then pulled the very front portion of my hair into two little pigtails on the very top of my head. 
The piggies don't have to be perfect.


3. And I did more piggies all the way down my head, kinda like a horse's mane.
The very bottom, at the nape of my neck, I only did one little pony, There wasn't enough hair for two.




4. I grabbed each little piggy, and backcombed the crap out of it. Lots of spraying, lots of backcombing, lots of spraying again.

 I look kinda like Bellatrix Lestrange, hence the crazy face. 

5. Then, I pinned the now-fluffy piggies into a mohawk shape, making sure to hide the rubber bands. 

6. I poked and pinched and prodded till it looked how I wanted, and sprayed. A lot.

The next step is really very important. Please pay attention.

7. I then applied 3 coats of black eyeliner and mascara.

See? Crucial.

Here you go:




I'm now trying to think of things to do today to show off my rad do. Housework just isn't cool enough.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I wish my hair was long enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo awesome! (awesome should be sung when you read that)

    ReplyDelete