Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Blogging Challenge, Day 1 & 2

I ran across a blogging challenge today, and I think I'm going to try it out! I have to write a little bit about myself every day in May. You know I love talking about myself, and I know you love hearing about me! I kid, I kid!
I missed the first day, so I'll be doing two days in one today! Woo!

May 1st: The story of your life in 250 words.
Sheesh. 250 words? Here's the deal. I'm going to shoot for a short paragraph, and no one out there is going to count my words. Capisce? Here goes:

I was born in Tulsa, OK, on April 6th, 1987. Soon after, my mom, dad, two older sisters and I moved to LaGrange, IN, my dad's hometown. I wasn't the baby for long, as 18 months later, my younger sister was born. Soon after that, we moved to Broken Arrow, OK. I went to Broken Arrow Schools, all the way to graduation, and traveled to BYU in Provo, UT for college. After 2 years of struggling, I decided to move home, and go to school in Tulsa. I met Brandon at Institute right after he got home from his mission, and 3 months later, we were engaged. 6 months after that, we were married, and 2 months after that, we moved to Norman so Brandon could go to OU. Just a few months later, I became pregnant with our first daughter, and started hair school. I had Portia, graduated school, and started working at an awesome salon here in Norman. I had another daughter, Margot, and became a stay-at-home mama. Now, Brandon is a few weeks away from graduating from OU, and we are preparing to move back to Tulsa.

There you go! Basic story of my life! It's pretty short and to the point, but hopefully in the next few weeks, you'll get to know me a bit more!


May 2nd: Something you know a lot about.

I know a LOT about getting stitches. The first time I got stitches, I was under 18 months old. Since then I've had stitches probably 10+ times. On my face 3 times, on my hands 4 or 5 times, in my mouth, and several others. I've lost count honestly.
It's to the point now, that when I get cut, I can tell if it needs stitches or not without going to a hospital. The last time I got stitches, I cut myself at the salon. I called Brandon to let him know that I was going to the ER, and he said "Ok honey, I'll see you when you get home." I think my coworkers were more upset by it than Brandon and I, because it's so common now.
When Brandon is in med school, and learning how to stitch people up, maybe I'll come teach the class. I'm an expert.







No comments:

Post a Comment