Monday, December 9, 2013

May Blogging Challenge - Ignore the Haters

How about some May Blogging Challenge?

Day 25: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget.


Hmmm. This is a tough one. Apparently, I have a good memory, because I can think of dozens of things people have told me about myself. And honestly, the first things that come to mind are the negative things people have said. 
I can remember many a taunt spat at me growing up, making fun of my clothes or glasses or whatever. I can remember several snide comments from my peers about my beliefs, my appearance, or my family. 
And when I think about those remarks, It still hurts my feelings a bit, if it let it.

Thats the trick though, I have to let it hurt my feelings!

People can be cruel, and there is no way to please everybody. No matter what I do, there will always be someone who still thinks I look stupid, or that thinks my opinions are ill-informed, or that I'm just a big doofus. 

And that's fine. 

What really matters is what I think of me. And I happen to really like me. So it doesn't matter what others say.


Love yourself, and it gets so much easier to ignore the haters!
Sorry, I couldn't not nerd it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment